Fried calf's liver with apple and red wine
Recipe for 4 people
4 slices of calf’s liver
(Art. 15301 Sliced calf’s liver)
- 1 apple
- 50 g watercress
- 4 halved silver skin onions
- 2 tbsp flour
- 100 ml red wine
- 50 ml Sopraco veal stock
- 50 ml water
- 2 knobs of butter
- pepper and salt
- Divide the apple into four slices. Heat a knob of butter in a pan and fry the apple slices slightly. Scoop out and let rest under aluminium foil.
- Season the calf’s livers with pepper and salt and dip them in the flour. In the same pan, heat a knob of butter and fry the livers until golden. Also scoop them from the pan and set aside under aluminium foil.
- Pour the cooking fat out and flush the pan with the red wine. Let the alcohol evaporate a little and pour the veal stock and water in it. Spice with salt and pepper and let it cook.
- Divide the apple slices on the plates and place the veal livers on top. Pour the sauce over it. Finish with the watercress and the silver skin onions.